Affiliate Editor, The Inertia
AllGear Digital is looking for a high-energy, creative wordsmith with a passion for surf, snow and the outdoors to help grow TheInertia.com’s high-quality gear reviews and Buyer’s Guides. Our Affiliate Editor, The Inertia writes and edits publication-ready buyers’ guides and product reviews that inform and engage readers and catalyze purchase behavior. This role is also responsible for monitoring and growing affiliate revenue. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, remote position. Pay for this position is based on skills and experience and is expected to fall within $50,000-$70,000 per year.
- Write and edit publication-ready buyers’ guides and product reviews for The Inertia
- Create or coordinate supporting visuals (e.g., photos, videos, pull-out quotes) for pieces
- Supervise freelance resources to create content as directed
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of SEO principles and practices
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in a range of outdoor pursuits, such as:
- surfing and surf gear
- other water sports (paddling, fishing, diving, foiling, kiting)
- camping and hiking
- snowsports (skiing, snowboarding)
- Use tools including data from affiliate networks, Google Analytics, Accuranker, etc. to monitor and improve key metrics including search rankings, affiliate revenue, traffic, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field (preferred)
- 2+ years of editorial experience, preferably in digital publications with affiliate marketing
- Strong communication, collaboration, and project management skills
- Familiarity with digital publishing tools and content management systems
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and any relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to high-quality candidates as quickly as possible.
About AllGear Digital:
At AllGear Digital, we strive to inform, educate, and entertain readers about the passions, products, and people that enrich their lives, with the goal of becoming the leading publisher of gear reviews and content for active lifestyle and the outdoors. We own and operate a diverse set of digital media brands, including GearJunkie, Switchback Travel, iRunFar, Bikerumor, The Inertia, ExplorersWeb, and other top names in their respective niches. We reach over 60 million readers annually. AllGear Digital is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all, both for the company and in their content.